Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Travels With Charley In Search Of America



I started "East Of Eden" some four years ago on the best road trip of my life (to date) through Northern California. It was hard to get into "East Of Eden" with California at my vision and fingertips. I vowed to myself to return when ready to the eye of John Steinbeck, who I have heard of so well. I was ready, although troubling circumstances would not allow myself to read "East Of Eden". I chose "Travels With Charley". An adventure about observing, conversing and exploring. Wild rides through the people of America's minds and traditions. The beauty in which John Steinbeck describes the land and people we are surrounded by, will keep me coming back for more.

I'll share some of my favorite parts, but not now...I'm starting my first Hemingway book!

No comments:

Post a Comment